Ajax features move post + simple subforums... little issue!

Allgemeiner Support zum phpBB 2 Board und phpBB 2 Modifikationen
Forumsregeln
Auch wenn hier der Support für phpBB 2 weiterhin aufrecht erhalten bleibt, weisen wir darauf hin, dass das phpBB 2 nicht mehr offiziell unterstützt und weiterentwickelt wird!
Antworten
cavallino

Ajax features move post + simple subforums... little issue!

Beitrag von cavallino »

Hello all,
In my board i have installed the Ajax features mod (oxpus/alcaeus/cback) latest version and I also have simple subforums mod by pentapenguin.
The little problem I noticed is when I move a thread FROM A SUBFORUM to any other section (to another subforum or to a normal forum section). Well, after a successful move, even if i choose not to keep a shadow topic in the old forum, the shadow topics stays always present in the original subforum, and it goes away from the original place only if i delete the files in the forum cache folder.
If i move a post or thread FROM A NORMAL FORUM SECTION then its always ok... I never have the shadow topic in the orignal place, neither if i move it over to a subforum or another normal forum section.

What could be the problem?
oxpus
Administrator
Beitrag von oxpus »

forum cache folder.
Is this cache part of the Simple Subforum MOD?
Or which cache do you mean?
Karsten Ude
-={ Das Mädchen für alles }=-
Kein Support per Messenger, Email oder PN! Unaufgeforderte Nachrichten werden ignoriert!
No support per Messenger, Email or PM. Each unasked message will be ignored!
cavallino

Beitrag von cavallino »

Hi oxpus,
thanks for your reply.
When I wrote "cache" i meant the folder "cache" in the root of my forum.
After moving the thread I delete all the generated files there in that cache folder, and then when I refresh again the page of the subforum index the mysterious shadow topic is not there anymore. So to summarize, the problem is that all the times I have to move a thread inside a subforum, after the move I have always to manually clear the folder cache, otherwise in the original subforum there are always the rests of the moved shadow topics.
Of course this situation happens ONLY when the thread to move is inside a subforum.
Zuletzt geändert von cavallino am Mi 10.Jan, 2007 13:17, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.
oxpus
Administrator
Beitrag von oxpus »

Mysterious...
I think you should ask the author of the Subforen MOD, because there should be a big error...
Karsten Ude
Kein Support per Messenger, Email oder PN! Unaufgeforderte Nachrichten werden ignoriert!
cavallino

Beitrag von cavallino »

Since with the original phpbb move option I never had this problem I tought that maybe could be related to the Ajax features mod... maybe some code lines to add to make the ajax move command compatible on this side also with simple subforums mod... But if you says so... hmmm well, I will see what to do... Is it simple to disable just the Ajax MOVE and re-enable the original move?

Anyway, maybe do you know if there is any phpbb mod which can automatically delete the content of the phpbb cache folder after a certain amount of time, like a cronjob?
oxpus
Administrator
Beitrag von oxpus »

Via cronjob just use rm path/files...
Karsten Ude
cavallino

Beitrag von cavallino »

of course... empty the cache folder a couple of times every day will decrease forum performance/speed right?
oxpus
Administrator
Beitrag von oxpus »

You can also disable the eXtreme Style MOD ;)
Karsten Ude
cavallino

Beitrag von cavallino »

hmm I think I can't disable eXtreme style, because I'm using a template which requires that...
oxpus
Administrator
Beitrag von oxpus »

Just the cache ...
Karsten Ude
cavallino

Beitrag von cavallino »

a litte update:

the problem is not in the template cached files, as I tried to delete only them and this had no effect... on the other hand, in my cache folder there are other cached files named sql_*.* and sql_posts_*.* well, deleting these files solves the problem. So now I am almost completely sure that my issue in moving threads is related to another mod: Cached Generation (SQL Cache) which i downloaded from phpbbstyles. I will uninstall it for now and see if all goes well.
oxpus
Administrator
Beitrag von oxpus »

A sql cache mod...
A really bad idea...
Karsten Ude
cavallino

Beitrag von cavallino »

I tought it could speed up a little bit the board by reducing some queries: without the mod installed I have around 100-120 sql queries when I load the index page (instead with the mod installed, around 70-80). Well, it does... but I wasn't aware of the other problems I could be having. Now that I uninstalled it I can see that there's not so much difference than before in speed loading, and plus i don't have anymore that moving threads problem :)
What is the "Cache Post System" you refer in the footer of your board?
Zuletzt geändert von cavallino am Do 11.Jan, 2007 18:09, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.
oxpus
Administrator
Beitrag von oxpus »

That's a cache system for post only.
And this MOD is still on development, currently only for choosen boards...
Karsten Ude
Antworten