Ajax features

Allgemeiner Support zum phpBB 2 Board und phpBB 2 Modifikationen
Forumsregeln
Auch wenn hier der Support für phpBB 2 weiterhin aufrecht erhalten bleibt, weisen wir darauf hin, dass das phpBB 2 nicht mehr offiziell unterstützt und weiterentwickelt wird!
Antworten
foundit

Ajax features

Beitrag von foundit »

Hi

I have installed the latest version of ajax features (great mod) but have run into a few problems..

I have spent a couple of days checking my edits and making sure I have not missed anything yet I cannot get the edit topic title to save....

if I refresh the page it has saved but will not do it if I press the save button.. though the edit post save button works fine...

also on the register page the password comparison works fine but the name and email check are not doing anything

I expect I have missed something very simple but I cannt find it

if anyone could help I would be very grateful...
oxpus
Administrator
Beitrag von oxpus »

Do you have cleared the browser cache?
This is important to lets work the ajax features corretly...
Karsten Ude
-={ Das Mädchen für alles }=-
Kein Support per Messenger, Email oder PN! Unaufgeforderte Nachrichten werden ignoriert!
No support per Messenger, Email or PM. Each unasked message will be ignored!
foundit

Beitrag von foundit »

Hi thanks for the quick reply

I have cleared the browser cahche and cleared all cache using extreme styles but sadly the save button will not work as it should....

very strange...
oxpus
Administrator
Beitrag von oxpus »

Which MOD Release do you have installed?
The one from here or the one which was modified for the plus (aviable at http://www.phpbb2.de) ?
Karsten Ude
Kein Support per Messenger, Email oder PN! Unaufgeforderte Nachrichten werden ignoriert!
foundit

Beitrag von foundit »

Hi

I am using the one from here version 12 I think but I have cats hier installed though I have done all the code edits for the extra files....

if there is a modified download that would be great as I can install that instead as I have looked through their files but there are a great many code changes

thank you for your time and help...
oxpus
Administrator
Beitrag von oxpus »

Here you can find the one for the phpBB2 Plus: http://www.phpbb2.de/viewtopic.php?t=40530
Karsten Ude
foundit

Beitrag von foundit »

Thank you for posting the link I will look this over and hopefully get everything working...

I will let you know as soon as I have done it...

Thank you again for your time and help

update

Hi

I thought I would let you know my progress.. after editing the files again using the download you gave me I still could not get it to work...

So I downloaded phpbbplus to see if that worked ok which it did yesterday... today it would not work at all which makes no sense as all the code is there...

after a going back to this through out the day I finally remembered I did one change to phpbbplus which was...

In extreme styles I activated

Code: Alles auswählen

Add tpl filenames in html
This feature adds comments to html code that allow style designers to detect which tpl file is displayed.
to yes after resetting this to no it worked great ...I also had this set to yes on the forum I was working on after resetting it to no everything works great

thank you again for your time and help..

:) :)
cavallino

Beitrag von cavallino »

Hi oxpus,
how come I cannot get the ajax edit function to work with Mozilla Firefox, in my forum?
I see that instead here works..... I am using Firefox.
Maybe you have a new version installed, that fixed this bug?

if you can help.. I will be glad, this is my interested part in viewtopic_body.tpl:

-- Code deleted - OXPUS --
This has always worked perfectly in IE... but in Firefox I cannot even see the edit window opening, the post just become a blank space when I try to edit it.
Zuletzt geändert von cavallino am Sa 21.Jul, 2007 10:23, insgesamt 2-mal geändert.
oxpus
Administrator
Beitrag von oxpus »

Hm, please attach the files viewtopic.php and viewtopic_body.tpl to take a look.

But at first one question:
Do you have empty the Firefox cache?
Will Javascript be enabled in you FF?

I've not installed a "newer" release of the features on oxpus.de. It's the same as you can download it from here...
Karsten Ude
cavallino

Beitrag von cavallino »

Thanks for your reply.
Yes, I have enabled everything in FF, even popups, and I cleared the cache also. But the edit funciton has never worked... in fact, since some time I even modified the sign "quickedit this post" with "quickedit this post (Only for IE)" ....
Anyway, I attach you the files requested, hoping that you can have a look and tell me if there is any problem... maybe its something related to MorpheusX template, which is a tough one. For the post, it uses a separate viewtopic_post_right.tpl ....

Hmmm I dont know why but I cannot attach them ...
Zuletzt geändert von cavallino am Do 26.Jul, 2007 11:17, insgesamt 2-mal geändert.
oxpus
Administrator
Beitrag von oxpus »

Please attach your files as a zip or rar archive.
All other methods can destroy the structure of the files.
Karsten Ude
cavallino

Beitrag von cavallino »

OK I have made a rar compressed file with both viewtopic.php and viewtopic_post_right.tpl
Du hast keine ausreichende Berechtigung, um die Dateianhänge dieses Beitrags anzusehen.
oxpus
Administrator
Beitrag von oxpus »

??? "viewtopic_post_right.tpl"?
This file is not defined in your viewtopic.php...

And if you will use AJAX here, you must insert each needed code.
At first this very important code:

# 
#-----[ OPEN ]------------------------------------------------ 
# 
templates/subSilver/viewtopic_body.tpl

# 
#-----[ FIND ]------------------------------------------------ 
# 
<table width="100%" cellspacing="2" cellpadding="2" border="0">

# 
#-----[ BEFORE, ADD ]----------------------------------------- 
#
<script type="text/javascript" src="ajax/ajax_topicfunctions.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript">
<!--
is_viewtopic = 1;
highlight = '{HIGHLIGHT}';
vote_max = {MAX_VOTE};
l_max_poll_option = '{L_MAX_POLL_OPTION}';
max_poll_option = {MAX_POLL_OPTION};
//-->
</script>
;)
Karsten Ude
cavallino

Beitrag von cavallino »

Hi oxpus,
some CyberAlien templates uses different viewtopic tpl files just for the different posts layouts... so the viewtopic_post_right.tpl is there if you have your profile showing at the right of the post, and that is my case. Also, in that file resides the ajax edit posting code part, which I believe has some issues for Firefox. I know that in viewtopic.php you have no reference about the viewtopic_right.tpl, but the switch is in viewtopic_body.tpl :

<!-- IF TPL_CFG_TOPICVIEW == "right" --><!-- INCLUDE viewtopic_post_right.tpl --><!-- ENDIF -->
and yes, the code you copied is correctly in my viewtopic_body.tpl, at the beginning part, otherwise it wouldnt work neither in Internet Explorer. I repeat that with my current configuration your ajax edit works fine in IE and never gave me problems. In firefox, when you click on "quickedit this post" the editing box doesnt appear, and instead the post disappear from the screen. Anyway, for your reference, I attach also the viewtopic_body.tpl since I forgot to add it in the earlier post.
Du hast keine ausreichende Berechtigung, um die Dateianhänge dieses Beitrags anzusehen.
Zuletzt geändert von cavallino am Mo 23.Jul, 2007 00:38, insgesamt 6-mal geändert.
oxpus
Administrator
Beitrag von oxpus »

The code must be inserted in the file which contains the AJAX functions ;)
So you must move it from the viewtopic_body.tpl to the viewtopic_post_right.tpl...
Karsten Ude
cavallino

Beitrag von cavallino »

sorry,
i tried it, but that ruins completely the template. :(
oxpus
Administrator
Beitrag von oxpus »

???
This is script code, not html code. How can this destroy the layout???
Karsten Ude
cavallino

Beitrag von cavallino »

oxpus,
I have no idea why it does that, hmm I suppose that by inserting the code there where you told me, it's like inserting it in the middle of a tpl file, since the switch of viewtopic_post_right.tpl is around the middle of viewtopic_body.tpl.

But anyway if you want and feel like to help me in this matter I can set you up a test board where you can see all this... I will install just a clean phpbb2 board with MorpheusX template + your ajax mod only... and I will give you ftp access.

What do you think?
Zuletzt geändert von cavallino am Mo 23.Jul, 2007 15:06, insgesamt 2-mal geändert.
oxpus
Administrator
Beitrag von oxpus »

I don't know the MorpheusX templates, so I only can help for default templates.
Sorry, but I can't believe that a simple javascript codeblock will distroy a html layout. Also not on these special templates...

At least maybe only the templete author can help here, there and why the javascript code will be malfunction...
Karsten Ude
cavallino

Beitrag von cavallino »

Ok, oxpus
thanks anyway, I will make more tests.

hmm I was wondering.. is it possible to delete my attachments here? If I try to do it, I always get the ctracker error message.
oxpus
Administrator
Beitrag von oxpus »

hmm I was wondering.. is it possible to delete my attachments here? If I try to do it, I always get the ctracker error message.
Hm... I'll check this...
Karsten Ude
Antworten