Help about quote citation!

Allgemeiner Support zum phpBB 2 Board und phpBB 2 Modifikationen
Forumsregeln
Auch wenn hier der Support für phpBB 2 weiterhin aufrecht erhalten bleibt, weisen wir darauf hin, dass das phpBB 2 nicht mehr offiziell unterstützt und weiterentwickelt wird!
Antworten
cavallino

Help about quote citation!

Beitrag von cavallino »

Hi oxpus! I try to ask your help as I am not able to find a solution to my problem yet.

I have a board with 6 languages inside and have noticed that when you quote a message the citation "wrote" at the top bar stays always in the poster's language... so for example if the poster has set the board to german, the message "schrieb" will stay there also for english users, while instead they would have to see "wrote".

Do you know what could be the problem?
Zuletzt geändert von cavallino am Di 14.Aug, 2007 12:54, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.
AmigaLink
Beitrag von AmigaLink »

if the poster has set the board to german, the message "schrieb" will stay there also for english users, while instead they would have to see "wrote"
There is no possibility to change that.
[center].: Web Relax .::. Essen mit Freude .::. AmigaLink.de :.

Kein Support per PM, ICQ oder eMail!!!
[/center]
cavallino

Beitrag von cavallino »

I did not understand....

The "wrote" or "schrieb" is part of the language variable $lang['wrote'] and when you log in the board with your profile language, that line should be translated correctly for the language you have set in profile. So if you use english you should see all "schrieb" lines made by german users translated to "wrote", and for Italian users those instances should be translated in Italian.

my problem is that this {L_WROTE} function is not working properly because it keeps always the language of the poster who quoted the message... it doesnt get translated when a user switch the board language, i dont know why.

So even using the board in english , I see a mixture of language citations.... some "wrote" some "schrieb" some "ha scritto" ... etc!

hmmm why I see "Zitat" in your post above? I should see "Quote" since I have set language to English, no?
AmigaLink
Beitrag von AmigaLink »

Sorry, mistake in thinking done by me. :pfff
Do you have the CPS (Cache Posts System) MOD installed?
There is no possibility to change that if this MOD is installed! Because the CPS caches the message with the language of the people which read the post at first time.
hmmm why I see "Zitat" in your post above? I should see "Quote" since I have set language to English, no?
Here at oxpus.de the CPS is installed. :)

[/center]
cavallino

Beitrag von cavallino »

oh yes AmigaLink, I have your CPS mod installed... !
but beside this zitat issue.... here seems that oxpus doesnt have the "wrote" issue because I just tested it in writing 2 quoted messages by setting differently one time the board in english and the second time the board in german, and they are translated correctly.

But let's test again...do you see "wrote" or "schrieb" in this quote?
[quote="tom10";p="75725"]Kennt vielleicht jemand eine Lösung...[/quote]

A little update: You're right AmigaLink... it's the CPS mod, cause I just tried to clear the whole post cache and all the schriebs got translated magically.... :D
Zuletzt geändert von cavallino am Di 14.Aug, 2007 15:36, insgesamt 2-mal geändert.
AmigaLink
Beitrag von AmigaLink »

But let's test again...do you see "wrote" or "schrieb" in this quote?
I see wrote! ;)
But I'm Mod. I can change it to my language. :)
Now you see "schrieb". :D
You're right AmigaLink... it's the CPS mod, cause I just tried to clear the whole post cache and all the schriebs got translated magically....
I know. ;)

[/center]
oxpus
Administrator
Beitrag von oxpus »

A little lack while caching posts...
Karsten Ude
-={ Das Mädchen für alles }=-
Kein Support per Messenger, Email oder PN! Unaufgeforderte Nachrichten werden ignoriert!
No support per Messenger, Email or PM. Each unasked message will be ignored!
Antworten